Tuesday 12 February 2008

Happy New Year

Apologies firstly for my lack of updates but the last few months have been fairly hectic. When i returned from Korea it was all go as my wife got a new job down in Beautiful Cornwall. The house was put up for sale and we moved down towards the end of November. We had to rent a place to live until our house sold and luckily enough we found somehere with an added bonus....my very own private shooting field!! It's fantastic, just 2 mins walk from the house and i can shoot as much as i like and at any distance i choose. The only downside is the 12 hour round-trip to Lilleshall everytime we have a squad training camp, it's a bit of a killer.

Training is going well and i am working hard on strength and conditioning this year as it was one of the areas i fell short in last year. There are a few specific parts of my form that aren't as good as they could be so i'm working on them but overall i think i'm heading in the right direction. The fitness training is really paying dividends and i am able to train for longer periods than before without my shot routine suffering through fatigue towards the end of a long training session.

This year is going to be manic with at least 1 training camp per month (sometimes 2) lots of tournaments and also possibly a return trip to Korea in April. I was really hoping to do the Arizona Cup again this year but looks like thats out. My wife (who is also my coach) and i have already decided that we will be going to Arizona next year and use it as a kind of shooting holiday as we both really enjoyed it last year.

On to kit. My wonderful sponsers "FiberBow" are sending me their new longrod, the "S3" to use, its an amazing looking piece of kit. I've heard nothing but good things about them so i'm quite looking forward to trying it out for myself. I have also had some custom grips made for my bows. They are also very good and i'm waiting for them to land on my doorstep, although as they are coming from the USA i have absolutely no idea how long it will take for them to get here..

No comments: