Saturday 23 August 2008

Amost there

This morning was my last full training session before I jet off to Macau. I shot well and everything felt good. Both Fiberbows are set up perfectly and I have total confidence in both of them, so much so that for the first time since I've owned them I don't actually have a favourite!! Got to be a good thing.

Tomorrow the packing starts (sigh), that's the part I hate the most as it's always accompanied by that niggling feeling that I've forgotten something.

Anyhoo, As per usual I will be updating my Blog daily (or as much as possible), there will be photos galore and anything else I feel will be of interest. As I am now part of TeamGB, I'll be trying to keep up to date with all the other sports and letting you know of the successes they have also. I know Great Britain ranked 2nd in the medal table in Athens so let's hope we can repeat that. On top of all that I am also hoping to get to spectate at some of the other sports, Wheelchair Rugby (AKA Murderball) and the Fencing are two I would dearly love to see.

After following the Olympics on television for the last fortnight there are two things I am totally certain about, 1) This is going to be one of the most (if not THE most) proudest and amazing experiences of my life and 2) It's going to be one heck of an emotional two weeks. Oh there is one other thing I'm sure of, I will go out there and give it 110%. If I fail it will not be through lack of trying and If I succeed? well it'll mean that the highs and lows, the pain, the travelling, the sheer exhaustion and the support of all those close to me over the last few years hasn't been in vain.

A HUGE thank you to the people that sent me "Good Luck" cards, letters and messages, I am really touched that you care enough to do that and I shall try to make you proud. I will also try and get a photo uploaded of the Official supporters T-Shirts that Lou asked me to design. They arrived today and look fantastic if I may say so myself :)

No comments: