Tuesday 9 September 2008

Don't worry

I shot well in the first half and was in 5th place but in the 2nd half I had one terrible end which totally hosed any chance i had of getting a top 8 ranking. I ended up in 11th place which on reflection is actually a VERY good thing. What it means is that i am shooting against the no. 22 ranked archer tomorrow in Court A,

If i win that match, on Thursday i will be shooting against an Archer that has had over a day to dwell on his upcoming match and will be shooting for the first time in an eliminator here. Whereas I (if succesful) will have already won a match in there and should therefore be more relaxed and confident...see? don't worry, it's all good :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Mick, its good to get the bad end out of the way early!!
Keep focused and enjoy the moment.
Bob Y

Anonymous said...

Good luck Mick, from everyone at Cheltenham Archers

Mick said...

cheers guys, now comes the fun part :)

Anonymous said...

The Paralympic website said that the Archery scheduled for today was postponed 'till tomorrow. Bugger, missed it, I'll try to catch it online. All the best.

Marty

Anonymous said...

It all seemed quite close to me. I looked your post yesterday about having the day off. Well I think you will feel it's an advantage to shoot in the first round knocking out the staking an impressive score (Quote from Laura Mick's shooting against Dracula Vladmir) which will put the frighteners on you next victim.



Phil & Laura

Anonymous said...

Oops! sorry I missed Your message from yesterday, I'll be watching tomorrow.