Sunday 15 April 2007

It's all over.

I was right when i thought i would be shooting against George Tekmitchov in the 1/32nd elimination round. We had our practice then went straight into the shoot-offs. I shot fairly well and was 5 points up after 6 arrows, i increased my lead by a further 9 points with the 2nd 6 arrows and ended up beating him by 14 points (103 - 89) BTW this is the guy that actually designed the X10 arrows i was shooting :)

In the 1/16th round i was drawn against the number 4 seed and had a reasonable shoot but could not match the arrows Crispin was shooting and finished with 97 points to his 108.

My performance in the head to heads moved me up 11 places in the final rankings and i finished in 25th place overall tied with 3 other archers so i am absolutely delighted with my performance in this tournament. 25th out of 98 recurve archers is a very respectable score for a Paralympic Archer in an Able bodied World Ranking event.

Today is the final day and the team rounds, unfortunately i am the only recurve archer here with the squad so no shooting for me, so i will just be spectating. I have had an awesome time here, i've met some fantastic people and my confidence in my shooting had grown immensely. I am really looking forward to this outdoor season now and what a way to start it, every other shoot is going to be a bit of an anti-climax now though :)

Finally here are some pics of some of the stars i had the good fortune to meet while i was here,
From the left they are; Rick Mckinney, Richard "Butch"Johnson and Ed Eliason.

1 comment:

Marty said...

Nice one, I'm glad to hear it went well and that you are happy with your performance. Sounds like you had an awesome few days. Grats on the results. A big thumbs up from me.