Friday 13 April 2007

End of qualification

We got to the field bright and early this morning and the wind was howling, not a good sign. Practice got underway and I managed to get my arrows on the target though 90m still looks an awful long way. The Tournament got underway At 9am sharp and I felt I shot reasonably well. By the time we got to the 70m distance the wind was gusting up to 45mph and I had trouble staying upright, but I managed to survive the distance and scored fairly well.... all things considering.

So at the end of the first day I finished in 37th place which I am more than happy with taking into account that I am competing against the worlds best “able-bodied” Archers.
A year ago I would have laughed if you had told me I would be shooting against the likes of Rick McKinney and there I was 15 points ahead of him at the halfway point!!!

Today the weather was a lot kinder to us and I managed to score a personal best for the 50m distance. My 30m was nothing stellar but I shot to about my average so I am fairly pleased with my overall performance today.

The final results haven’t been published yet so my fingers and toes are crossed that I will make it in the top 64 cut so I can shoot in the elimination matches tomorrow, because we all know that anything can happen in the shoot offs.

I’ll post results as soon as I get them. Meanwhile here is a picture of me and KiSik Lee regarded as the greatest coach ever, what a honour it was to meet the guy.


**Update** Results just in, I finished in 36th place overall so i will be shooting in the elimination matches tomorrow. Looks like I should be shooting against George Tekmitchov (He's one of the head honchos at Hoyt and did the Archery commentating at the Athens Olympics)

Looks like i beat Rick McKinney too :)

No comments: