Tuesday 10 July 2007

At last !!

This weekend I shot a double FITA at the NCAS tournament in Bradford, the weather stayed relatively ok thankfully as i was expecting to get drenched again. Saturday was a bad shoot, one of those where nothing seems to go right. I decided to stop shooting before i got myself into a really negative state of mind.

It seemed to do the trick as on Sunday i came out guns blazing, i shot my highest ever end at 90m (56) and my highest ever 70m distance (312). I finished on a score of 1219 which was also a FITA P.B. for me, it was also my 3rd MB score of the season so now i am officially a Master Bowman !!

I have another FITA shoot this weekend and then the following Wednesday i'm of to sunny Stoke Mandeville to shoot in the European Grand Prix. This is a great 5 day tournament where National Teams from all over Europe shoot a double 720 over 2 days to get rankings for the elimination rounds.

This year is going to be very special as the Chinese Paralympic Team are attending, it's going to be a good tester for the World Championships later in the year. I did quite well at this event last year getting double Bronze medals and my shooting has improved quite a bit since then so i'm hoping to do a little better this time around.

Fingers crossed!!

No comments: