Tuesday 3 July 2007

Latest News

Sorry for my lack of updates recently but times just flown, you know how it is. I didn't shoot at Oxford in the end as i felt my dizzy spells deemed it too dangererous to actually shoot near other people. It took around 5 weeks for my head to settle down but i'm all good now.. thankfully.

My shooting has been going rather well, i've shot several PB's lately and i've got 2 of the 3 scores needed for my Master Bowman classification.

Last weekend was the GWAS Regional Outdoor Championships, this is a fantastic event held in the grounds of Dunster Castle and probably one of the nicest venues i've shot at. The last two years have been scorching hot but unfortunately this year was cold, Windy and non-stop rain..ugh!

Anyway I shot reasonably well on the 1st day (The round is a Double York spread over 2 days) and was sitting in 2nd position, 5 points behind the leader and 1 point ahead of the 3rd placed guy. I arrived at the field on Sunday in the pouring rain and it pretty much remained that way off and on for the rest of the day. I shot better somehow than the saturday and to my suprise everyone else seemed to be 20-30 points down on the previous days scores so yes that means i won it and became this years Regional Outdoor Champion!

The trophy is very nice but sadly we aren't allowed to keep them as they are quite valuable and kept on permanent display in Dunster Castle.

We won't mention the fact that when i was presented with the trophy i kinda ..err.. dropped it, there were gasps of horror as the base bounced off the table and onto the floor. I don't think my comment of " lucky it wasn't a new one!" went down too well with the officials though..Ahh well :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

Luck it wasn't a new one...

like it :o)

Murray