Saturday 30 August 2008

First day of shooting

As per my training plan I didn't shoot yesterday to give my body time to get over the journey out here. I felt great this morning and was ready for shooting.
Practice went well but the heat and humidity is verging on the unbearable. I drank 3 litres of Sports drink in just over 2 hours. The shooting went great and I started off with a 110 for the first dozen. My first arrow shot in China this year went straight in the X, what a great start!! Confidence is certainly there.

Here are some more photos, including some of the archery venue in Macau where we practiced today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awsome mate, is it just 5 targets for the team?, do you have the whole venue to yourselves

Give them Hell and I be recording as much as I can for you.

Phil & Laura

Mick said...

Hi Phil and Laura,
Yep the venue is just for us. Too hot to shoot too many arrows so i'm shooting 2 ends of 6 then sitting in the shade for about 15 mins. It really is energy sapping out here mate.
Only 2 more days then we're off to Beijing where i guess it will feel a bit more "real". we seem to be in a state of limbo at the moment.